5 simple Christmas dishes that won't take long to cook
The menu of the Christmas evening is limited only by the financial possibilities and imagination of the hostess. To save time and effort, some of the dishes can be replaced with very simple ones.
Beetroot and Prune Salad
This easy dish can be prepared in two flavors and is quick enough if you bake or boil the beets beforehand. The only difference between them will be in the gas station. In the dietary version it will be sour cream, and in the usual version it will be mayonnaise mixed with grated garlic.
- two beets;
- 0.5 tbsp. nuts;
- 3 tbsp. l. mayonnaise;
- 100 g of prunes;
- pepper and salt to taste.
- Wrap the beets in foil and bake for about 45-50 minutes in the oven at a temperature of 200-210 degrees. Can be boiled (put in boiling water) or microwaveable. Grate the finished root vegetables on a medium grater.
- Nuts, so that they reveal their aroma and become tastier, fry in a dry frying pan, stirring occasionally until a pleasant smell appears, remove the husk. Pour the nuts into a blender, chop until coarse or chop with a knife.
- Wash the prunes thoroughly, if it is very dry, then pour boiling water for 10 minutes. It is not necessary to keep it in water for a long time so that the dried fruits retain a slight hardness. Cut the swollen fruits into strips. For a diet salad, stew the prune pieces in sour cream, and then add to the nuts and beets.
- Grate or crush the garlic with a press, mix with mayonnaise. Combine this dressing with nuts, prunes and beets, salt the salad, add a little pepper, mix.
The classic recipe for such dumplings with mashed potatoes and onion fries is well known. Try making them with choux pastry and raw potatoes.
- 3 tbsp. flour;
- 1 tbsp. (not full) boiling water;
- 3 tbsp. oils;
- half an teaspoon of salt;
- 0.5 kg of potatoes;
- one onion;
- optional 100-150 g lard;
- ground pepper with salt to taste.
- Sift flour into a deep bowl. Beat the vegetable oil with the salted egg in a bowl, add the mixture to the flour, mix well.
- Bring water to a boil (incomplete glass) and immediately pour into flour, stir with a spoon, and then with your hands. After kneading, the dough should not stick to your hands. Put it in a bag, let it rest for 20 minutes.
- For the filling, grate coarsely potatoes, squeeze out the juice. Cut the onion into small cubes, scroll the bacon in a meat grinder, mix them with potatoes. Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the dough into several pieces. Roll out a sausage about 3-4 cm thick from each. Cut them as for lazy dumplings, roll in flour, roll out the juices.
- Put the filling in the center of each, seal the edges well.
- Bring the water to a boil, add salt, add a couple of bay leaves, put the dumplings, mix gently when they are on the surface, boil for another 6-7 minutes until tender. Serve with butter or sour cream; for spicy lovers, you can lightly sprinkle them with pepper.
For a festive feast, you can also cook salmon steaks, for example, from salmon. It takes very little time, but it always turns out delicious, the main thing is not to dry them out. Fry immediately before serving.
Prepare steaks according to the number of guests. A heavy cast-iron skillet, preferably a grill, but you can also use a regular one, heat well with oil.
Place the pieces of fish, fry for about 4-5 minutes on each side, only 10 minutes - and the gourmet dish is ready. Put a slice of butter on ready-made steaks, pour over with lemon juice and serve immediately.
Boiled potatoes with vegetable oil and crushed garlic
Despite its simplicity, it is a wonderful addition to vegetable salads and homemade pickles, as well as to any hot dishes. For cooking, choose potatoes with a lower starch content.
- 0.5 kg of potatoes;
- medium-sized bunch of dill;
- a couple of cloves of garlic;
- salt and oil to taste.
- Select small potato tubers of the same size, wash well and peel. If only large ones are available, then cut them into several pieces.
- Fold in a saucepan, add water, salt, and let it boil. Reduce the heat, cook with a barely noticeable boil, skimming off the foam, another 15-20 minutes until cooked. If the potatoes are easily pierced with a match, then the pot can be removed from the stove.
- Drain the water from the potatoes, pour with oil, add finely chopped dill. If there is no fresh herbs, then you can use dry.
- Squeeze the cloves of garlic into the potatoes with a press, close the pan with a lid and shake several times so that the dill, oil and garlic are evenly distributed between the tubers, let stand a little so that they are saturated with the dill-garlic smell.
- Transfer the potatoes to a preheated dish and serve hot.
Stewed cabbage with mushrooms
Another option for a quick budget side dish or an independent dish. For cooking, it is better to take champignons with a dark hat, they are more aromatic.
- 0.5 kg of cabbage;
- 300-400 g of champignons;
- 100 g of onions;
- 5 tbsp. oils;
- one carrot;
- a pinch of ground coriander;
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste;
- a pinch of cumin;
- ground pepper and salt to taste.
- Prepare bends of medium or small size, it is better not to wash them, but to wipe the caps with a rag, if there is soil on them. Cut the champignons into slices.
- Heat the pan well, add oil, put mushrooms, fry until soft and a pleasant smell. At the end of cooking, season with pepper and lightly salt.
- Chop the cabbage finely, put in a large bowl, add salt, mash with your hands to make juice.
- Peel the carrots and grate on a medium grater, pour into the cabbage and stir.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, put a mixture of carrots with cabbage, cook until the latter appears golden brown for about 15 minutes.
- Finely chop the onion, pour into the pan, stir, cook for 7 minutes, add tomato paste and spices, simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Pour 0.5 cups of hot water into the cabbage, put the mushrooms, stir gently, close the lid, cook for another 10 minutes.
Now you know how to quickly and easily prepare interesting meals for Christmas. Use these recipes to delight your family and guests.
Rate the article:
(23 votes, average: 4.1 out of 5)
Share with your friends!
Broccoli in a pan - 5 quick and delicious recipes
Hello dear readers!
We continue to prepare dishes from the freshly harvested crop. Today we will cook broccoli in a frying pan. Despite the simplicity of such recipes, the result can be a wonderful dish. Which will look perfect, both on a festive table and on an everyday day. The only difference will be the decoration of the finished snack.
Broccoli is an annual plant. Since the times of the ancient world, she has been nicknamed the "queen" of cabbage. And many believed and still believe that it is a subspecies of cauliflower. Which we talked about in previous articles and even marinated a couple of jars. There is one more positive factor of this vegetable - its useful qualities. Of which, by the way, there are quite a few in the composition. For example, the content of vitamins such as E, A, PP, K, U, C, and group B.
In cooking, broccoli inflorescences and stems are usually used. The color of such a vegetable is of two types: purple and green. We meet the second option more often. Despite the fact that this vegetable is practically not grown in Russia, this does not stop our gardeners. Who still plant him and take care of him throughout the summer.
To fully preserve the taste of this vegetable, do not overcook it under any circumstances. Therefore, in most cases, it is blanched or fried.
By the way, this cabbage is an indispensable product for diabetics and sweet lovers. And all because it contains sulforaphane, it also stabilizes blood sugar levels. And protects the walls of blood vessels from any damage.
Oven baked chicken wings, simple recipes for quick and tasty wings
Today, in the What to cook for dinner section, I will tell you some of the simplest and quickest recipes for oven-baked chicken wings. It is no secret that many people like this dish, and if you also consider that it takes very little time to prepare it, then these.
- a small head of cabbage
- two carrots
- onion head
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp Sahara
- salt to taste.
In a cauldron, melt pork fat, which can be easily replaced with cooking fat and butter. Chop a small head of cabbage and simmer over low heat. Add two carrots, medium onion, then 2 tbsp. tablespoons of tomato paste (sauce), 2 tbsp. tablespoons of vinegar and the same amount of granulated sugar, salt to taste. In half an hour, a delicious hodgepodge is ready.
Duck with oranges
It is customary to prepare this festive and solemn dish for Christmas and New Year. Thanks to citrus, juicy meat has a very interesting taste. And cooking is not difficult - even an inexperienced cook can handle it.
- duck - 2 kg
- orange - 3 pcs.
- celery (petioles) - 2-4 pcs.
- lemon - 1 pc.
- seasonings to taste - salt, pepper, sage, Provencal herbs, rosemary
- olive oil - 1 tbsp l.
- sweet red wine - 2 tbsp l.
- honey - 2 tbsp. l.
They start cooking in the evening. The duck is gutted, excess fat is removed from the inside with giblets. Trim the tips of the wings and tail. The feathers are pulled out and, if necessary, the carcass is burned.
Step by step recipe:
- Mix in a deep bowl the juice of lemon, orange, salt, pepper, spices and olive oil.
- Dip the duck in the marinade and put it in the refrigerator for 6-10 hours.
- In the morning, the carcass is taken out, the orange is cut into 4 parts, and the celery stalks are cut into 3 cm pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 190 ° C, grease the mold with oil.
- Put orange and celery into the carcass and place it in the mold.
- Bake for 2 hours, pouring over the juice.
- For the glaze, combine wine, the juice of the remaining orange and honey. Set to boil until thickened. It is ready when the texture is like jam syrup.
- Duck is baked for 1.5-2 hours.
Then it is laid out on a dish and poured with caramelized sauce. Decorated with fresh herbs - basil, marjoram or cilantro.
The best side dish for this dish is boiled crumbly rice.