Pumpkin stuffed with cheese, bread and bacon, an easy recipe!
Stuffed pumpkin… huumm!
How to cook pumpkin or pumpkin? This is a recurring question that we ask ourselves regularly during the beautiful autumn period when squash, pumpkins and pumpkins invade the market stalls and perhaps if you grow pumpkins, invade the vegetable garden for our greatest pleasure ...
I offer you an original recipe: a whole baked pumpkin, a pumpkin stuffed with cheeses, and for a change I used a northern cheese, Maroilles, and a mild cheese, Comté. Maroilles smells strong (If so ...), but ultimately it's a fairly mild cheese, so don't be afraid! Finally if you are afraid, you can swap the Maroilles for a mountain tome, “it will do it” too! ;-))!
Number of people :
Preparation time for the stuffed pumpkin:
Recipe cooking time:
3 hours in the oven
Recipe ingredients for 6 people:
For this recipe for pumpkin varicose veins with cheese, you need:
• A beautiful pumpkin - pay attention to its size… The pumpkin or pumpkin must be able to fit into the oven completely.
And if there are 2 of you, a little walnut pumpkin will be good too.
• Country bread or wholemeal bread: 1 sliced bread
• Fresh cream: 300 g.
• Maroilles: 1 large
• County: 300g
• Bacon: 10 thin slices
• Garlic cloves: 4
• Freshly ground pepper
Step by step stuffed pumpkin recipe
Prepare the ingredients
First put the oven in preheating at 180 ° C
• Cut out the top of the pumpkin, (make a disc 10 to 15 cm in diameter) and set it aside.
• Remove the fibrous part well, with a large spoon, as well as the seeds. (see how to make pumpkin seeds << here)
• Cut the maroilles into slices
• Cut the Comté also into slices
• Cut the bacon into pieces of about 2 centimeters.
• Peel the garlic and finely chop it.
Proceed with the assembly:
• Season the inside of the pumpkin with salt and pepper.
(do not hesitate to handle it to salt and pepper the inner edges)
• Place a slice of bread, one or 2 slices of Maroilles cheese, Comté, bacon, garlic, cream, salt (not too much), pepper ...
• And we start again: 1 slice of bread ... To the top of the pumpkin, and save a place for ...
• Reposition the pumpkin cover.
• Place the pumpkin in the oven and lower the oven to thermostat 4 (120 ° C).
• Let's go for about 3 hours of cooking.
Be careful when cooking, all ovens do not have exactly the same power (gas or electric ...) so watch the cooking.
Enjoy your meal !
Bread Stuffed Turkey Breast
This traditional bread-stuffed turkey breast recipe from our expert Mathieu Gauthier is simply perfect! With its blend of leek, ginger, nutmeg, bread and maple syrup, this stuffing wonderfully enhances the delicate flavors of the turkey. You will impress your guests at any reception with this recipe, guaranteed!
- 1 turkey breast of 1 kg (2 lbs)
- Bread stuffing
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 leek, diced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Grated ginger
- 2.5 ml (1/2 teaspoon) ground nutmeg
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Maple syrup
- 625 ml (2 1/2 cups) chicken broth
- 10 slices of white bread, crust removed, cubed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 ° F (200 ° C).
In a saucepan, brown the celery and leek in half the butter, then add the ginger. Cook for about 5 minutes.
Then add the nutmeg, maple syrup and 125 ml (1/2 cup) of the chicken broth, then bring to a boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the bread. Mix gently and adjust the seasoning as needed. Reserve.
With a knife, open the wallet turkey breast. Season with salt and pepper and spread the stuffing. Roll up and tie up.
In an ovenproof skillet, brown the breast in the remaining butter. Add remaining broth and bake for 50 minutes, until meat thermometer reads 170 ° F (77 ° C).
Remove from the oven and let the turkey rest for 15 minutes covered with foil.
Slightly reduce the cooking juices, adjust the seasoning and filter through a fine sieve.
Slice the breast and serve with the gravy.
Recipe for 4 people
Preheat the oven to 210 ° C. At the same time, peel and mince the shallots.
Wash and grate the zucchini and pumpkin. Clean and cut the mushrooms in half.
Crush the hazelnuts. In a frying pan, melt 25 grams of butter, adding the shallots.
Then put all the vegetables, hazelnuts and chestnuts in the pan and cook for 8 minutes. Then season with salt and pepper.
For the mixed butter: cut the Comté into cubes. Mince the bacon slices. Cut the bread into crumbs.
Then mix the 30 grams of softened butter with the bacon, cheese and bread.
Put the vegetables in a buttered gratin dish and sprinkle them with the mixed butter. Put everything in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
Here are 15 delicious recipes for cooking pumpkin!
The pumpkin is part of the squash family. This very versatile vegetable can be cultivated for its leaves, seeds, flowers and, of course, its flesh. Virtually all of its components are edible and rich in nutrients, which opens the door to a multitude of healthy culinary achievements.
The pumpkin has many virtues. It is also recognized for its benefits on the digestive system due to its high fiber intake. Pleasant to the eye on Halloween and delicious on our plate, the pumpkin is a fall staple.
This year, why not grab those pumpkins you slit for Halloween? We have gathered for you about fifteen recipes exploring this colorful vegetable.
8 savory pumpkin recipes
We love pumpkin pie, spice lattes and fall muffins, but if like us you want more, it's time to move on. savory recipes. Yes, we are talking about pumpkin pizza, pumpkin risotto, pumpkin dip, and more! Discover our 10 recipes that will make your fall even more comforting!
Omelet stuffed with cheese
Cooking time: 4 minutes
Ingredients (4 people):
4 Eggs 125 Gr of ricotta (or bush) 1 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan cheese 1 Tbsp. Parsley tablespoon 1 Tbsp. Tablespoons olive oil Salt Pepper
Whisk the eggs in a salad bowl with the parsley, salt and pepper. Combine the ricotta and Parmesan cheese in another bowl. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan, pour in the beaten eggs, lower the heat, cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
When the eggs are set but the center is still soft, spread the ricotta mixture over half of the omelet, 2 cm from the edge. Using a spatula, lift half of the unstuffed omelet and fold over the other like a turnover. Cover, cook for 1 more minute over low heat.
Prepare the serving dish. Gently tilt the pan, bring it closer to the dish and slide the omelette out, helping you with a spatula. Serve with a green salad.
One portion (approx. 90 g):
Calories 157 kcal Protein 9.5 g Carbohydrate 0.9 g Fat 11.2 g
Homemade Garlic Bread and Warm Cheese and Bacon Dip
Gray weather gives you the blues?
Boost your spirits with this delicious warm cheese and bacon dip. The perfect dish to share with your loved ones.
- 1 sliced white bread
- 3/4 cup (190 mL) garlic butter, melted
- 1 3/4 cups (440 mL) sour cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) cream cheese, softened
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup (65 mL) chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) pepper
Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
Flatten the slices of bread with a rolling pin.
Brush both sides with garlic butter.
Subscribe for free and I will send you my secret recipes of the greatest restaurants and my easy recipes the most popular.
- Time to preparation 20 mins
- Time to cooking 40 mins
- Total time 1h
- Portions 8
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of white flour
- 3/4 cup (190 ml) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 and a half cups (375 mL) pumpkin puree
- 1.5 cups (375 mL) semi-skimmed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons of corn syrup
- 1 thinned uncooked pie dough
- Preheat the oven to 450 ° Fahrenheit.
- Gradually add all the ingredients while stirring so that the mixture is homogeneous.
- Pour the pie mixture into the thinned pastry of the pie
- Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Lower the oven temperature to 325 ° Fahrenheit.
- Add 30 minutes of baking or until pie is ready.